Nonprofit Startup Consulting
Startup Coaching and Planning | Done-For-You Paperwork | Board Development | And More
Committed to starting a U.S. nonprofit but impatient with details & paperwork?
My Nonprofit Startup Consulting engagement is a contract-based engagement that saves you time, reduces confusion, and boosts your confidence during the nonprofit startup process.
Yes, I'll prepare your paperwork, but that's only one benefit. But to be a good leader, you need more than paperwork.
That's why I...
- Help you define your nonprofit's mission, vision, and values
- Help you outline the operation & budget for the first 3 years
- Help you establish and train your new board and more
"My mission is to serve as a catalyst and a mentor to compassionate DifferenceMakers so they can create life-transforming programs for people in need."
LaCharla Figgs, Founder, Nonprofit Startup Academy
What you'll get...
- A description of your nonprofit's mission, vision, and values
- Articles of Incorporation of the equivalent for your state
- Guidance for obtaining a Tax ID Number
- Completed IRS form 1023, application for income tax exemption
- Completed registration to raise funds in your state
- Registration to operate and raise funds in 1 additional state if you wish
- Sample organization policies & training on their use and adoption
Words of Appreciation
"Before becoming a part of LaCharla's program for Non-Profits, I had no clue where to even begin! LaCharla's program stood out to me because of how it crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's for running a successful Non-profit."
George S. Peterson, Founder
The Jordan Hannah Recovery Group, Inc.
What you can expect...
- To begin with orientation
- Scheduled sessions to gather information about your nonprofit and plan its operation
- Done-For-You state and federal forms
- A workbook to keep work session notes
- Live coaching to help you learn as you go
- 24/7 access to private web portal for notes, documents, and session recordings
- Access to on-demand consulting for 3 months after the engagement ends
Questions & Answers
Why shouldn't I just create a nonprofit on my own?
You can certainly do this on your own, but if you feel too busy (or too impatient) to spend time learning the ins and outs of startup and completing the paperwork on your own, this engagement will ease the pressure and save you time.
Is this legal assistance?
No, it's not. This is "technical assistance," meaning I'll follow available instructions for completing state & federal paperwork. To be sure you comply with all other laws, you'll need a legal review. (I'll remind you!)
What if I'm not ready to file the forms?
This engagement is all about action; so it's best to start this work when you're ready to file your state & federal forms.
Why shouldn't I use an online legal service?
You're right; that's an option. Chances are, a legal service will give you a checklist to fill out so they can prepare your paperwork.
They can make sure your paperwork meets all legal requirements, but they probably can't coach you through the answers to some of the questions you'll have to answer first.
Many of their questions don't relate to legal matters. I coach you through those leadership decisions during this engagement.
How long will it take to create a nonprofit?
It depends. You and I will schedule 1-on-1 time together so I can coach you and gather information for the forms. So your availability and the time you need to make key decisions is one factor.
Also, state and federal turn-around times for processing your paperwork vary.
I help you recruit and train your first board of directors, too. So board member availability will be another factor.
Given all this, on average, expect about 4 to 8 weeks to complete our work together.
Words of Appreciation
"When you think about starting a nonprofit all you want to do is make a difference but this is a great course that opens your eyes and gives you a nice Foundation to what it really takes to start a non-profit. Great class for beginners!"
Will and Gia M.
"Writing our plans out helped with understanding what my organization is really about and how to move forward. LaCharla Lowd Figgs, Founder Nonprofit Startup Academy, you just don't know how you have blessed Me."
Pamela J. Calloway, Founder,
Men of Honor & Distinction
"This Lesson opens my eyes to areas I had not considered. Giving the people I want to reach a complete identity is amazingly helpful. My vision is becoming more and more real to me. Thanks! I can't wait for the next lesson!!"
YOU'RE INVITED TO EXPLORE A
Nonprofit Startup Consulting Engagement
INCLUDED WITH THIS ENGAGEMENT
- Live sessions for training, information gathering, and planning
- Development of your mission, vision, and values statements
- Articles of Incorporation or your state's equivalent
- Completed IRS Form 1023, application for federal income tax exemption
- Board recruitment training, strategy development and training for your new board
- Organizational policy development and implementation training
- 3 months of on-demand post-startup consultation
Consulting Engagement Guarantee
Nonprofit Startup Consulting Guarantee
If you begin this engagement and decide it's not the right fit for you, cancel within the first 15 days and I'll happily issue a full refund. You'll get a link to the Cancellation & Refund request before you begin the engagement.